AQM Copper Inc. is led by an experienced management team with extensive experience working with the world's largest mining companies as well as several mining juniors.
| Bruce L. Turner
President and CEO
Mr. Bruce Turner brings a wealth of operating, technical and management experience from over 35 years of development and production experience in the mining industry.
- Prior to joining AQM in 2009, Mr. Turner was President of BHP Billiton's Escondida copper mine located in Northern Chile - the world's largest copper mine.
- Mr. Turner holds a Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Mining Engineering (1974) from the University of British Columbia.
- Mr. Turner also holds a Doctor of Technology Degree (Honorary) from the British Columbia Institute of Technology. Additionally, Mr. Turner completed an Advanced Management Course at Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration.
| Erick J Underwood
Chief Financial Officer
Mr. Underwood has 20 years of experience in corporate development, business planning and analysis, treasury and accounting for the mining industry including 14 years while being based in Chile and Peru.
- Prior to joining AQM, Mr. Underwood was an independent Business Planning consultant to mining companies and held various management positions while working for Cia. Minera Antamina and BHP Billiton Base Metals. Mr. Underwood played key roles in securing approval for investment projects such as Highland Valley Copper $475M mine extension and mill modernization, Antamina $1.3 billion 130ktpd expansion and Spence $950M greenfield project.
- Mr. Underwood holds an MBA from the Rotman School of Management of University of Toronto, a Graduate Diploma in Management from McGill University and a B. Comm. (Finance & International Business) from McGill University. He has successfully completed all the requirements for the CPA-CMA designation and will become a Certified Management Accountant in Ontario, Canada in 2014.
| Juana Rosa Del Castillo
General Manager, Compaia Minera Zafranal
- Ms. Del Castillo was appointed General Manager of Compa�ia Minera Zafranal in November 2011. During her career, Ms. Del Castillo has been involved in the design and implementation of sustainability development programs for significant projects and mine operations in Peru.
- Prior to joining CMZ, Ms. Del Castillo was Chairman of Peru's INGEMMET, acted as General Manager of Centromin Peru and as Principal Advisor to the CEO of Glencore Peru.
| Lorenzo de la Puente
General Manager, Minera AQM Copper Per SAC
- Mr. Lorenzo de la Puente is a partner of Delapuente Lawyers with a focus on administrative law, environmental and natural resources access, and has been licensed to practice law since 1996.
- Mr. de la Puente has Masters Degree in Law from the University of Houston Law School, concentrating on environmental and energy law after graduating from the Pontificia Universidad Cat�llica of Peru, Lima, Per�.